This update adds the following enhancements: Sync down VLANs configured at ASP Personal Area Network (PAN) enhancements: Added support for Cisco/Meraki and Xirrus Allow admin to configure the desired VLAN to revert to upon client logout See PAN > Server Configuration > Default VLAN Enhancements in issuing Change of Authorization (CoA): Shortened delay in issuing […]
SG 4 S-Series Update #17
1. Service downtime is expected as there is a forced automatic reboot after applying this update. For HA setup, service downtime will be longer than usual as ID2 HA service is brought down while patching ID1, and ID2 will reboot to recover the HA service only after ID1 has booted up; so the service downtime for HA setup will be as long as the time it takes to reboot ID1, and ID2 will only be ready to serve as the backup node after ID2 has rebooted.
2. In the event snapshot restore is required due to error in applying this update, you may proceed to restore the snapshot to recover the system. However after booting up after the snapshot restore, you will not be able to pull this update from the online update centre. Please contact ANTlabs Support; we will assist in making the update available to you.
3. This update will abort and not apply any of the conversion steps if any/both of the following conditions are met:
• At least one VLAN on the gateway points to a locally-managed Location
• Bandwidth is not managed by ASP
To overcome the blocking conditions, you must ensure the following:
• All desired Locations are ported to ASP
• All desired VLANs are configured on ASP and synced down to the gateway
• At the gateway GUI, remove all VLANs that are not required and that are pointing to locally-managed Locations
◦ Hint: all ASP-managed locations have ACS_ prefixed to their names, while locally-managed locations probably do not.
You may open the Location listing page to ascertain: locally-managed ones can be selected for deletion,
while ASP-managed ones cannot.
• Bandwidth settings are managed from ASP. Visit gateway GUI > ANTlabs Service Platform > Sync Settings.
After removing the blocking conditions, you may resume to apply this update.
- • Your ASP must be upgraded to at least version 2.0.1
- • All policy items including plans, portals, bandwidth and VLANs must be migrated to ASP before applying the update.
- ◦ If the gateway is sharing bandwidth limit by device, ASP must be first upgraded to 2.0.2, and the sharing bandwidth limit on the cloud for this gateway set to by-device, before applying this update.
This update converts this gateway to v5 (the SG 5 software version) Update 2. Hereafter, the gateway will fetch the SG 5 (v5) updates.
The gateway will automatically reboot upon successful application of this update.
Known issue: after the gateway has been converted to v5, downstream login via facebook will not work. You would need to apply Update 3 to fix this.
Notes for HA setup:
For HA setup, the recommended steps are:
- 1. Apply update to ID1 first. ID1 will reboot. Note: as the HA mechanism in ID2 is temporarily disabled, there will be service down-time as ID2 will not take over as the active node while ID1 is rebooting.
- 2. Once ID1 is up, on ID1 web-admin GUI’s HA page, wait until you see Peer is connected.
- 3. Fail over to ID2. Note: some GUI pages will load with incorrect values as ID2 software is not up-to-date yet.
- 4. Apply update to ID2. ID2 will reboot and ID1, the preferred master, will become the active node again.
SG 4 S-Series Update Release No. 17
Release Date: 27 Sep 2022
Update File Name: 17.SG4000S_base-sys-bulk11-20220506-01.pkg
File Size: 49 MB