ANTlabs Advanced QoS allows administrators to configure intricate bandwidth allocation policies for users in your network. With the way people are consuming data these days, it is important to achieve fair sharing of bandwidth among users so the user experience will not suffer.
One of the unique features of the ANTlabs Advanced QoS 3-stage engine is its capability to allow multiple devices to share a single bandwidth rate limit per user. For example, you wish to allocate 1MB per guest. Each guest will only use up this amount of bandwidth among his/her devices and it will be shared equally.
With the Advanced QoS 3-stage engine, bandwidth utilization can be maximized by creating differentiated classes of services for different groups of users.
All user traffic goes through Advanced QoS 3 stage engine:
Stage 1: User Level
Bandwidth Rate-limiter: Ensure bandwidth allocated fairly to individual user
- This first stage engine applies bandwidth rate-limit to individual user instead of individual devices. This simple innovation allows multiple devices to share a single bandwidth rate-limit.
- When multiple devices belonging to the same user request for bandwidth, the bandwidth allocated for that user will be shared equally among all the devices that is actively requesting for bandwidth
Stage 2: Group Level
QoS Classifier*: Allow differentiation of traffic during congestion
- This second stage engine defines different QoS Tiers (Guaranteed Tier, Premium Tier and Basic Tier) where tier based rate-limits can be defined for a group of users that is assigned to the tier.
After going through the first stage engine, user traffic is then classified according to the defined QoS Tier.
Stage 3: Global Level
Application Traffic Shaper*: Prevent bandwidth starvation by malicious or P2P applications
- This third stage engine performs application traffic shaping for all traffic that has passed through the first 2 stage engine.
* requires Advanced QoS Module